WE LIKE YOU. SO, THIS IS IMPORTANT TO US. TAKE A SEAT AND A MOMENT TO READ THIS.
William Grant & Sons Distillers Ltd (“we” or “the Company”) have arranged for our Glenfiddich® Virtual Reality distillery experience to be made available for use by consumers (“Activity”), so you can experience the home of our whisky.
We have tried to ensure that all appropriate safety precautions are taken, that any equipment used is in safe working condition and that adequate insurance arrangements are in place. Nevertheless, like all exhilarating activities, the Activity may be unsafe if equipment is not used properly and/or instructions are not followed.
1. I am over the legal purchase age.
2. I will use any equipment given to me safely and follow all instructions given to me.
3. I will not participate in the Activity for more than fifteen minutes at a time or in a dangerous location (for example, while walking, driving, operating machinery, on a balcony or in a stairwell).
4. I accept that participation in the Activity is entirely at my own risk. Virtual reality is not suitable for everyone and I agree not to participate, or to stop participating, if I have doubts or concerns about my suitability for the Activity (for example, if I suffer loss of awareness, discomfort, eye strain, visual abnormalities, headache, impaired balance, disorientation or motion sickness).
5. I acknowledge that virtual reality is not suitable for those who are pregnant, have high blood pressure, suffer from motion sickness, heart conditions seizures or epileptic symptoms. I do not suffer from any medical conditions which make my participation in the Activity unsuitable, inadvisable or dangerous. I will make known to you any relevant conditions, prior to taking part.
6. I know that objects I will see in the virtual world do not exist in the real world. I won’t try to touch, sit or stand on those objects. I know that it is best to sit down while participating in the Activity.
7. I am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol or suffering from the effects of using drugs or alcohol.
8. I acknowledge that failure to abide by these terms and to exercise common sense may result in physical injury to me or others.
9. I accept that the Company owns all rights, title and interest relating to Glenfiddich and the content in the Activity, including intellectual property rights. I promise not to misuse or infringe any of these rights and, in particular, I will not (and I will not allow other people to): (a) make or distribute copies of the content; or (b) attempt to modify, disassemble or decompile the content.
10. I understand that the Company cannot guarantee that the content within the Activity will be uninterrupted or error free.
11. The Activity is provided to you free of charge, but the Company is allowed to amend or withdraw the Activity at any time, for any reason.
12. I waive all claims, and hold the Company harmless, in respect of personal injury or death that I suffer or cause to others as a result of failing to comply with these terms or that arise out of or relate to my use or misuse of the Activity. This waiver does not apply to personal injury or death suffered as a result of the negligent acts or omissions of the Company.
13. My name and image may be used in publicity and marketing materials relating to the Activity (e.g. on the Glenfiddich website or Facebook page).
14. These terms are governed in accordance with the laws of England and the English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.